Getting to Camp
Crow Duck Lake Camp is only accessible by portage. There is a pick up point at Big Whiteshell Lake in Whiteshell Provincial Park. A staff member from the camp will meet you there. You will park your vehicle there and board a barge to begin your adventure.
Here is how you get to the pick up point:
- Head west from Kenora or east from Winnipeg on Highway 44 to get to the pick-up spot.
Just east of a small town named Rennie you will come to an intersection.
- Turn north on highway 307 at that intersection. Stay on the highway for about 11 miles, then turn right (northeast) on 309.
- Stay on Highway 309 for about 6 miles. This road takes you to Big Whiteshell Lake.
- Look for a boat landing at the end of the road, as that is the pick-up point.
- If you have called ahead there will likely be a Crow Duck Lake Camp barge waiting along with
someone ready to load your gear.
- It usually takes just under an hour for the trip from this dock to the camp.
Map to Crow Duck Lake Camp